Diary of a Small Asian Medical Student

My little blog about not-very-important things.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

New BLOG! New POST!

Blogspot, here I am.

It is 5:03am here in Malaysia. It is a cold and lonely night/morning. Cold. Because I am sitting right below the air-conditioning system blowing icy cold daggers of recycled air on my head. And lonely. Because everyone has gone to sleep leaving me to type in the dark*. Yep, another one of those horrible insomniac nights. I think I just gotta take up yoga again - I can't say I haven't tried it before, but I just couldn't discipline myself enough to do all that breathe-in-breathe-out monk meditation stuff without letting my thoughts wander: (a) have I locked the front door, (b) that assam laksa sure was yummy tonight, (c) eh, have I told Mom about that strange rash on my face yet? and then (d) I wonder what's on ASTRO tonight?

Someone once told me to use this thing called i-m-a-g-e-r-y. Apparently, the trick is to visualise little scrunched-up balls of paper. Everytime a silly thought bounces into my head, I zap it into a scrunched-up-ball-of-paper and aim it into an imaginary trashcan.

Ok, ciao. I'm gonna go try that trashcan thing now.

* I am crashing in my brother's room thanks to the family happily demolishing my room once I left for Melbourne.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Kevin said…

    I just dropped by to say "Hello,"

    Kevin
    http://experienceyoga.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home