Diary of a Small Asian Medical Student

My little blog about not-very-important things.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Emily Strange vs. Jack Skellington

I came across this stall while walking around in KL today...



I want an Emily Strange wallet! It disturbs me that Emily Strange wallets are being sold alongside Jack Skellington merchandise (as well as stuff featuring a pink drugged-out bear character - off my radar) at a roadside stall. The shop on its left was selling pirated GUCCI handbags... so I'm assuming that these wallets are... fake???

They sell for about RM30-50, bargainable.

:(

1. Emily Strange
Have been wanting an Emily Strange ever since I set eyes on the eye-catching black and red storybook at a Paul Frank clothing store in Melbourne.

Emily Strange links:
  • Official Emily Strange website
  • Which Emily Strange Are You? (Quizilla)
  • A life-sized lego Emily scuplture by a fan
  • Article detailing the history of Emily Strange's creation
  • ***A real life Emily Strange? (Emily "The Strange" Brontë, hehehe)
2. Jack Skellington
Ah, the king of Halloweentown, star of Tim Burton's inspired masterpiece - The Nightmare before Christmas. I think I was... 10 years old when I first watched it? Time to go video hunting...
This first modern stop-motion animated feature film is a musical spectacular with incredible attention for detail and design. The story is based on an idea Burton developed when he was still working as a conceptual artist at Disney, but which was discarded by the studio because it lacked the "Disney feeling."
Read more here at Dan's Definitive Tim Burton Page.

Poor Jack Skellington...

How can I resist his hollowed-out eye sockets, impressive set of crooked teeth, and long spindly limbs?

I want a Jack Skellington wallety too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home